Friday, April 1, 2011

April Fool

I hate practical jokes.  I hate hidden camera tv that forces people into no win situations just to watch them squirm.  I hate confrontation in general so I think my distaste for it arises from there. You can imagine how much I enjoy a holiday dedicated to making people feel stupid.  Three cheers for the doofus who invented April Fools Day.  You truly are one, Sir. And let's be honest, it was totally a dude who invented this mess.  This is not a girl thing.

Having said this, I am noticing that I have subconsciously always worked to create something new and good on April 1st of every year. I rarely make a New Years resolution that sticks but for some reason, the things I wake up thinking on April1st seem to carry great weight in my mind and my heart.  Last year I woke up and decided, in my pajamas in front of the coffee pot, that i needed to loose 50 lbs.  To both be healthy and begin to feel good about myself again.  So I did it.  By June I had dropped 35 and on my birthday in September I was down 61lbs.  I still feel like I could go down another 20lbs to really feel like I have gotten the job done, but it's a heck of a good start. Perhaps today I will resolve to do that.

Yesterday, I was thinking.  Thinking, thinking, thinking.  My mind never shuts off.  I think it has an extra gear or two. I have so many thoughts in my head and I wanted to get them out.  I dream of someday writing a book and I will continue to hold fast to that dream.  That dream will take time, selfishness and solitude which I will not take away from the raising of my babies.  They deserve the best I have to offer, which most days is a 6, maybe 7, so I will not suck any extra of me away from them.  But one day when they are established human beings and have found their voice in the world I will feel safe to be selfish from time to time.  In the meantime, while life continues in 6th gear around me, I decided to blog. To get some of these extra thoughts out of my head to make room for new ones.  Different ones. Better ones maybe.  Who knows.

I bring to the blogesphere the "knowledge" a mother of four, the tips and techniques of a woman quite comfortable in the kitchen, the fears and fancies of a woman growing a small cake and confection business by total accident.  I bring the daily challenges of a Mom of nut/peanut allergy children,  I offer the struggles and triumphs of being a Conservative Christian in a world bent toward the alternative.  I bring an open and honest heart with a great deal of compassion and tolerance for the things I don't understand and a willingness to be still, to be quiet and to learn.  I don't bring a closed mind.  I bring the experiences of a wife, who has been blessed to have chosen not only the perfect man, but the best man.  I am a sister, a daughter, a friend.  A college graduate who chooses to stay home and be a Mommy. I bring the Jersey Shore, the real one....Snooki Free.  In a nutshell I bring insanity tied in a cute apron.  And frosting, there will be lots of frosting folks.

I'd be honored if you found anything I have to share relevant and useful.  I'd love if you sat down once in a while with a cup of coffee and had a laugh or a cry with me.  I'd like to get some of this stuff out of my brain and out into the world where it might be useful to someone and clear me up to take in new.  I think this is going to be like a yard sale.  Most of the stuff might be junk, but it's cheap.  There just might be a hidden treasure or two to be discovered.  

7 comments:

  1. Perfect first blog!! I can't wait for more!! Added you to my favorites!! Looking forward to lots of frosting. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the new blog and HAPPY APRIL FOOL's DAY!! You're right, definitely a dude's holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your first blog post! Blogging is fun~ you have somewhere to write down everything that falls out of your brain. Can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are a beautiful soul. I look forward to reading your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so ridiculously cute and inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Ms Sprinkles....I can't wait to embark on this journey with you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE this! Enjoy! I look forward to spending time "with you" as you embark on this journey! I know how much I have enjoyed blogging--very therapeutic!

    ReplyDelete