Wednesday, April 25, 2012

You can watch the segment here


Today is one of those pinch yourself kind of days. 3 weeks ago I taped an episode of ABC's The Chew which aired this afternoon. Having my bestie Glennie and my Mom with me made the day a million times more special.  I dream someday of having a show where I can share recipes and cook with friends and family. It's such a passion of mine. Today I am one baby step closer. 

I agree with the hosts that recipes are to be shared so without further ado, here is dish I made (one of my favorites that my Mamma concocted).  

Twice Cooked Spicy Green Beans with Pork & Scotch



Ingredients:

1/2 tsp salt (to taste)
1 tsp sugar
1 Tbsp soy sauce
1 Tbsp scotch
2 tsp sesame oil
vegetable oil for frying
1 1/2 lbs green beans, trimmed
1 Tbsp garlic, minced
2 tsp hot pepper flakes
1 Tbsp fresh ginger, minced
1/3 lb ground pork
3 Tbsp green onion, minced

Combine salt, sugar, soy sauce, scotch and sesame oil in a small bowl.  

In a wok heat 2 inches of vegetable oil to 375* and in it fry the beans one handful at a time for 30 seconds a batch.  Transfer them with a slotted utensil to paper towels to drain.  Let oil return to heat before starting next batch.

After all green beans are cooked and drained, pour off all but 3 Tbsp of the oil.  Heat until hot but not smoking. 

Stir fry the garlic, red pepper flakes and ginger for 10 seconds. Add pork and cook for 2 minutes or until it is lightly browned.  Add beans and fry for an additional 30 seconds.  Add soy sauce mixture and scallions and cook additional 30 seconds or until the beans are heated through and coated with sauce.

Stuff your face.  Serves 6.










2 comments: